At White Deer Run Williamsport, we help individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health issues build a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
White Deer Run of Williamsport’s Outpatient Rehab Center for Drug & Alcohol Addiction in Pennsylvania
Located in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, White Deer Run of Williamsport is a comprehensive outpatient rehab center for adults who are battling chemical dependency and certain additional co-occurring mental health concerns. With a dedication to upholding a high level of clinical excellence, integrity, open communication, teamwork, mutual respect, and passion to everyone who is entrusted into our care, we, at White Deer Run of Williamsport, strive to do everything in our power to ensure that the men and women of Williamsport are afforded the ongoing support that they need to succeed in achieving lasting recovery.
Therapeutic Interventions and Therapy Sessions Offered at White Deer Run of Williamsport
The philosophy at our outpatient rehab center centers on the belief that substance abuse does not just affect one facet of an individual’s life, but rather that it can affect every aspect of an individual’s existence. For this reason, we provide intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and outpatient programs (OP) that focus simultaneously on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual recovery that each person needs in order to find true healing. In order to make sure that all of these needs are addressed, our rehab center offers program participants a variety of therapeutic interventions that afford them a well-rounded approach to care. The following interventions may be incorporated into the individualized treatment plans of participants engaged in programming at White Deer Run of Williamsport:
Group therapy is the central component to the care offered in outpatient programming at White Deer Run of Williamsport. Groups are held three times a week for three hours each in IOP and one or two times a week for two hours each in OP. Within these groups, participants have the opportunity to share their experiences, learn from the experiences of others, and receive much-needed support from both peers and therapists. The various topics that may be discussed throughout these group sessions include:
- Life stressors
- Relationships and boundaries
- Relapse prevention
- Coping strategies
- Disease concept of addiction
- 12-Step recovery process
- Depression symptoms and strategies to cope
- Anxiety symptoms and strategies to cope
Individual therapy is offered to participants on an as-needed basis at our outpatient rehab center. These one-to-one sessions are conducted by primary care therapists or counselors and are designed to give participants a safe and confidential place to process through their rehab experiences.
Family therapy is also offered to participants and their family members on an as-needed, as-requested basis. Like the individual therapy sessions, family therapy is conducted by primary care counselors and therapists. These sessions are meant to provide program participants and their families with a safe and encouraging environment where they can process through the various aspects of their relationships that have been impacted by the use of drugs and alcohol. These sessions can also serve as a time for family members to learn ways that they can best support their loved one during his or her recovery process.
Therapeutic Models and Methods Offered at White Deer Run of Williamsport
Throughout their time spent in rehab, participants will be presented with a variety of different treatment methods that are implemented when most appropriate for meeting an individual’s unique needs. Examples of these various methods can include:
- Reality Therapy
- Client-Centered Supportive Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
In addition to using a variety of treatment methods, at our outpatient rehab center in Williamsport, we also implement various treatment models. In combining different approaches to rehab, our staff is able to provide participants with truly individualized treatment. Doing so allows participants to receive rehab in a way that is best suited to meet their unique needs and address their unique concerns. The different treatment models used may include the following:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Disease Concept Model
- Twelve-Step Recovery Model
- Ego-Psychology Model
The use of these different methods and models can be discussed with participants during their time in programming.
Our Program Curriculum and Schedule White Deer Run of Williamsport
When taking part in IOP at our outpatient rehab center in Williamsport, participants will follow a curriculum that incorporates the following topics of discussion:
- High Risk Situations – Participants will utilize activities that can help them identify various situations that may be of high risk for them.
- Recovery and Mental Health – Participants will gain an education on what happens to them mentally when they continue to abuse substances.
- Physical Recovery – Therapists provide research on the negative effects that substances can have on the body. Participants will also be provided with activities that are designed to help them increase their overall physical wellbeing.
- Recovery and the Family – Using the family model, therapists at our outpatient rehab center explore how family involvement plays a role in the recovery process through the use of various group activities.
- Education of the Disease – Information is provided on how the brain is impacted by the use of substances, as well as how each drug impacts the body, mind, and spirit.
- Character Defects / Value Systems and Recovery – Therapists work with participants in identifying character defects that may be negatively impacting their recovery process. Therapists also assist participants in looking at what defines their value systems to show how treatment has helped them progress and to identify where any negative patterns may still exist that could be hindering further progression.
- Recovery and Stress Management – Therapists assist participants in identifying stressors and prioritizing which stressors need attention. They then introduce various stress management techniques that can be implemented in order to help participants learn how to successfully manage these stressors in the future so that relapse into substance use can be prevented.
- Criminal Thinking and Recovery – Therapists assist participants in identifying what criminal thinking is and how it can continue even after a person has become clean.
- Humor and Recovery – Therapists introduce fun, happy, and clean things that participants can do in recovery. The goal is to help individuals find ways that they can enjoy their lives without the use of mind-altering substances.
- Recovery Support – Participants learn how to utilize all recovery supports within their respective communities. They may then also present what they have discovered to the group.
- Relationships and Recovery – Therapists work with participants to help them understand what a healthy relationship consists of, including what it means to have appropriate and healthy boundaries. The cycle of abuse may also be discussed.
- Holidays and Recovery and Legal System and Recovery are topics that may be added into the curriculum on alternate weeks.
The schedule for the intensive outpatient and outpatient programs at White Deer Run of Williamsport is as follows:
- The Adult Intensive Outpatient Program meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5:00pm until 8:00pm.
- The Outpatient Women’s Group meets on Mondays from 2:00pm until 4:00pm.
- The Adult Outpatient Program meets on Tuesdays from 9:00am until 11:00am, on Tuesdays from 6:00pm until 8:00pm, and on Thursdays from 3:00pm until 5:00pm,
Schedules are subject to change based on needs.
Contact us to learn more about outpatient addiction rehab in Williamsport
If you or someone you care for could benefit from receiving the ongoing support that is provided in a comprehensive outpatient setting, look no further than our outpatient rehab center in Williamsport. We are dedicated to offering ongoing support and encouragement so that individuals can thrive in living the healthy, recovered lives that they deserve.