Our Dilaudid abuse treatment plans are tailored to meet your specific needs so that you’re able to realize a full rewarding life, free from chemical dependency. Serving Pennsylvania, White Deer Run Treatment Network is the leading provider of alcohol and drug abuse treatment for adults.
Learn More About Dilaudid Abuse Recovery at White Deer Run Treatment Network
Dilaudid is a painkiller belonging to the opioid family, which includes medications such as morphine, Codeine, and Vicodin, as well as illicit drugs like opium and heroin. Dilaudid is used manage severe pain, but when it is used recreationally, it can produce powerful pleasurable feelings and a sense of relaxation. For this reason, people sometimes begin abusing Dilaudid and can even develop a Dilaudid use disorder. Abusing Dilaudid can cause disruption across many areas of a sufferer’s life. Decline in work performance, possibly leading to job loss, relationship stress, divorce, social isolation, legal problems, cognitive impairment, organ damage, and even death are all possible effects of Dilaudid abuse.
At the addiction rehab centers with the White Deer Run Treatment Network in Pennsylvania, we understand how difficult it can be to overcome a Dilaudid use disorder and how much more difficult it can be to do so while also wrestling with a co-occurring mental health disorder. However, there is help available. Our network of substance abuse treatment centers provides individualized care designed to give the men and women of Pennsylvania the best possible chance of breaking free from addiction and stepping into a full and satisfying life.
Helping a Loved One or Family Member Get Treatment for Dilaudid Abuse
Watching a loved one struggle with Dilaudid abuse can be immensely painful. Perhaps you have watched your loved one spiral into addiction and may have felt powerless to do anything to help, or maybe you have, without success, tried everything you can think of. While it can be devastating to stand by as a loved one wrestles with addiction, the most important thing you can do is avoid giving up. The following are some steps you can take to help your loved one:
- Research treatment options. Investigate rehab centers and make a list of a few that may be a good fit for your loved one. Feel free to contact treatment center staff and have conversations with them about their treatment programs.
- Research Dilaudid abuse and opioid abuse. Learn the signs and symptoms of Dilaudid intoxication as well as the signs and symptoms of an overdose, and develop a safety plan with your loved one that covers what to do if he or she overdoses. Also consider speaking with mental health professionals at nearby addiction rehab centers and discussing what you can do to help your loved one.
- As difficult as it may be, try your best to keep an open line of communication with your loved one. When talking with him or her, make sure to remain open and nonjudgmental. Reiterate your care and concern for your loved one and reinforce your love for him or her. Also keep in mind that attempts to seek rehab will likely need to happen at your loved one’s pace, which may be slower than you would like. Try to be patient with him or her.
- Once your loved one decides to seek treatment, present him or her with the treatment options and rehab centers you have researched and discuss them together. Offer to help with setting up appointments and offer to accompany your loved one to appointments you have made. During your loved one’s time in treatment, make sure to continue to actively support him or her.
- Perhaps most importantly, do not forget to take care of yourself. Helping a loved one who is struggling with Dilaudid abuse can be emotionally exhausting, so continue to make time for activities that revitalize you. Keep up with your hobbies and seek support from friends and relatives. You might also consider joining a support group for people whose loved ones are struggling with Dilaudid abuse.
Why Consider Rehab at the White Deer Run Treatment Network in Pennsylvania
A Dilaudid use disorder is a serious mental health issue. If it is not treated effectively, it can result in devastating and life-altering consequences. Poor performance at work, demotions, and job loss are all possible, not to mention relationship strain, divorce, or social isolation. Dilaudid abuse can cause cognitive impairment and organ damage, and overdoses can even sometimes be fatal. While the consequences of a Dilaudid use disorder can be severe and even life-threatening, with proper treatment from a reputable addiction rehab center, it is possible to free oneself from the influence of this disorder and break free from the cycle of addiction.
Types of Treatment Offered for Dilaudid Abuse at the White Deer Run Treatment Network
The White Deer Run Treatment Network is composed of 16 treatment centers throughout the state of Pennsylvania that provide comprehensive care for people who are struggling with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health issues. We offer a full spectrum of care that includes medically-monitored detoxification, residential rehabilitation, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, traditional outpatient programs, and halfway houses. Our addiction rehab centers are staffed by teams of dedicated and compassionate professionals, including physicians, psychiatrists, registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), counselors, therapists, technicians, and other specialists.
Each of our rehab centers specializes in providing a certain set of services that may include those described below. The White Deer Run Treatment Network as a whole provides a number of interventions that may be included in a person’s individualized treatment plan depending upon each participant’s needs. These interventions may include the following:
Detoxification: Often the first step in a substance abuse treatment plan, detoxification is the process of ridding one’s body of substances of abuse. Medically-monitored detox at the White Deer Run Treatment Network rehab centers helps individuals withdraw safely from substances like Dilaudid under the supervision of an experienced medical team who can monitor each participant’s progress and administer medications to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Many of our treatment centers also support participants with counseling sessions during detox on an as-needed basis.
Individual therapy: Individual therapy is a key rehab method used at the White Deer Run Treatment Network. During individual therapy, participants meet one-on-one with their primary counselor or therapist and discuss issues that have emerged during treatment. Individual therapy allows participants to engage in more in-depth processing than is often possible during interventions like group therapy. It also gives participants a chance to bring up issues that may not be appropriate for a group setting.
Group therapy: Group therapy sessions are an essential feature of treatment at the rehab centers within the White Deer Run Treatment Network. Ranging from process groups to topic-focused groups, this intervention gives participants a chance to support and be supported by each other, to share common experiences, and to practice new skills in a safe environment. Group sessions may be led by clinical technicians, counselors, and therapists and cover a wide range of material based on group members’ needs.
Family therapy: Families can often be a powerful ally in a participant’s recovery process, but we also recognize that each person’s family and family relationships are unique. As such, our rehab centers provide family therapy sessions to our participants based on individual need and each participant’s wishes. Family therapy, which is led by a trained counselor or therapist, provides an opportunity for families to come together to discuss unhealthy relationship dynamics, codependence, and other issues that may be preventing family members from supporting each other. In addition, family therapy allows family members to process the effects of Dilaudid abuse and how it has impacted the family as a whole.
At the addiction rehab centers within the White Deer Run Treatment Network in Pennsylvania, we understand that lasting recovery is a long-term process, and we provide comprehensive continuing care options to give each person who comes to us the best possible chance for success. Our staff members work closely with each treatment participant to create a discharge plan that will maximize his or her ability to continue to build upon the progress he or she made during treatment. We understand that overcoming a Dilaudid use disorder, especially if it is present alongside a co-occurring mental health disorder, can be an immense challenge. However, with the help of the White Deer Run Treatment Network family, it is possible to overcome the cycle of addiction, learn to manage the symptoms of a co-occurring mental health disorder, and take the first steps towards a brighter, substance-free life.